A decree from Dave:
- THIS SUNDAY, December 9, 2012, there will be a basketball event in the gym, so there’s NO BADMINTON that day
- In its place, THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY, December 11, 2012, we will have the gym to play badminton from 7:30PM – 10:30PM
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2012, gymnastics is taking the gym for their annual show
- In its place, FRIDAY, December 14, 2012, we will have the gym to play badminton (I’ll try and get them to keep the club open until 10PM, or that we can start at 7PM… more on this when I hear from Jamie)
- The following Sunday, December 16, 2012, it’s badminton as usual at the Athletic Club
Also, starting Thursday, it’s that time of the year where I collect for the front desk and maintenance people at the club. They DO prefer us over the basketball people, but they’re not the ones who made the decision to take away Tuesday night from us, so please don’t hold it against them.
I know the economy’s still not the best, but these people are paid minimum wage, and just a little something from all of us goes a long way to maintain the goodwill we enjoy with them.
If you can make a $5, $10, $15, $20 donation (or even more if you so choose to be in the giving spirit), let’s do it. I’ll probably present them with it (wrapped in a money card) on the Sunday before Christmas, December 23, so I’ll need everyone to sign the cards that Thursday and Sunday.
Thank you, folks, and special thanks to the people who made it to the Sunshine State Games/State Senior Games: Phil, Dudley, Andrew, Owen, Tamiko, Zarni, Peter, Pat, Sid, Nick, Mike, Randy, Panita. You all represented South Florida well. I know it was a grueling Sunday, but next year, it will be two days and at Estero in the Fort Myers area. We need to keep the excitement going for 2013.
Also, December 26 is the deadline for the Graham-Toms Senior Internationals at Shula’s, January 15 – 19, 2013. Anyone 35 and up should seriously sign up and play. PLEASE?
Then, May 21 – 25, 2013, at Estero Community Center (the same venue as the 2013 Sunshine State Games), the Senior Nationals will be held. Dudley and I will be running the event, but we need everyone’s support (those in the same age brackets as the Graham-Toms Senior Internationals of 35+) to enter and, again, HAVE FUN.