We like to keep things as fair as possible, to ensure everyone has a great time, from a new visitor all the way to people who’ve been playing for over a decade. Here are our current rules for drop-in play from our president Dave: Continue reading New Rules for Drop-in badminton
Dave has recently updated the rules for club play, to alleviate tensions and clear away the gray areas. If you’re someone who joins us for club play on Thursdays or Saturdays, have a look.
We have a complicated schedule at the club this month, here’s the latest:
|Dec 13, Thursday||Cancelled|
|Dec 14, Friday||6pm – 9:30~10pm|
|Dec 16, Sunday||10am – 5pm (All day!)|
|Dec 18, Tuesday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
|Dec 20, Thursday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
|Dec 23, Sunday||10am – 3pm|
|Dec 27, Thursday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
|Dec 30, Sunday||10am – 3pm|
|Jan 3, Thursday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
- THIS SUNDAY, December 9, 2012, there will be a basketball event in the gym, so there’s NO BADMINTON that day
- In its place, THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY, December 11, 2012, we will have the gym to play badminton from 7:30PM – 10:30PM
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2012, gymnastics is taking the gym for their annual show
- In its place, FRIDAY, December 14, 2012, we will have the gym to play badminton (I’ll try and get them to keep the club open until 10PM, or that we can start at 7PM… more on this when I hear from Jamie)
- The following Sunday, December 16, 2012, it’s badminton as usual at the Athletic Club
Also, starting Thursday, it’s that time of the year where I collect for the front desk and maintenance people at the club. They DO prefer us over the basketball people, but they’re not the ones who made the decision to take away Tuesday night from us, so please don’t hold it against them.
Hey All, If you’re in South Florida and you’re interested in badminton you can’t miss the Miami Panam this week. If you’re coming to watch some international badminton here are the times to come watch:
- Wed, Oct 31st: 5 PM – 9 PM (If you’re not trick-or-treating)
- Thurs, Nov 1st: 10 AM – 10 PM
- Fri, Nov 2nd: 6 PM – 10 PM
- Sat, Nov 3rd: 1 PM – 5 PM (the best time to come – finals)
The more the merrier!
Information for 2012 Bill Graham Miami International has been updated. Please click here to view.
Recent feature on Channel 10 with Andrea Brody: