We like to keep things as fair as possible, to ensure everyone has a great time, from a new visitor all the way to people who’ve been playing for over a decade. Here are our current rules for drop-in play from our president Dave: Continue reading New Rules for Drop-in badminton
We’d like to thank fellow Florida shuttler Thomas S for taking the lead on the Sunshine State Games Badminton Tournament. Here are some of the pertinent details:
Saturday, June 28
Sunday, June 29
Don Shula’s Athletic Club
15150 Bull Run Road
Miami Lakes, Florida 33014 (305) 820-8025
Saturday, June 28
8:00 AM Check-in
9:00 AM – 8:00 PM Competition
Sunday, June 29
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Competition
Finally, you can get a discounted hotel reservation at Don Shula’s Hotel with the details below:
Special Rate of $99.00 with breakfast for 2
Individual reservations can be made by:
- Calling: 305-820-8100 or toll free 800-24 SHULA
- E-mail: [email protected]. Reference group code(SUNGM)
Dave has recently updated the rules for club play, to alleviate tensions and clear away the gray areas. If you’re someone who joins us for club play on Thursdays or Saturdays, have a look.
Hey everyone! We’ve dusted off our website and are excited to share with you the online signup for our upcoming tournament. So everyone can get in on the fun, this tournament features a special “novice” bracket. This group will be less intense than the other ones. The event will take place at Shula’s Athletic Center on the weekend of June 29 (check-in is at 8AM) and 30,2013, check out our registration details for more information (click the “show details” link) :
Hope to see you there!
We have a complicated schedule at the club this month, here’s the latest:
|Dec 13, Thursday||Cancelled|
|Dec 14, Friday||6pm – 9:30~10pm|
|Dec 16, Sunday||10am – 5pm (All day!)|
|Dec 18, Tuesday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
|Dec 20, Thursday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
|Dec 23, Sunday||10am – 3pm|
|Dec 27, Thursday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
|Dec 30, Sunday||10am – 3pm|
|Jan 3, Thursday||7:30pm – 10:30pm|
- THIS SUNDAY, December 9, 2012, there will be a basketball event in the gym, so there’s NO BADMINTON that day
- In its place, THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY, December 11, 2012, we will have the gym to play badminton from 7:30PM – 10:30PM
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2012, gymnastics is taking the gym for their annual show
- In its place, FRIDAY, December 14, 2012, we will have the gym to play badminton (I’ll try and get them to keep the club open until 10PM, or that we can start at 7PM… more on this when I hear from Jamie)
- The following Sunday, December 16, 2012, it’s badminton as usual at the Athletic Club
Also, starting Thursday, it’s that time of the year where I collect for the front desk and maintenance people at the club. They DO prefer us over the basketball people, but they’re not the ones who made the decision to take away Tuesday night from us, so please don’t hold it against them.
Hey All, If you’re in South Florida and you’re interested in badminton you can’t miss the Miami Panam this week. If you’re coming to watch some international badminton here are the times to come watch:
- Wed, Oct 31st: 5 PM – 9 PM (If you’re not trick-or-treating)
- Thurs, Nov 1st: 10 AM – 10 PM
- Fri, Nov 2nd: 6 PM – 10 PM
- Sat, Nov 3rd: 1 PM – 5 PM (the best time to come – finals)
The more the merrier!
Sign up now for the Florida State Championship tournament! Here are the details:
EVENT: 2012 Florida International Senior Games & State Championships, the 21st Annual Games, is an Olympic-style competition for athletes age 50 and over. The Florida Senior Games is a program of Florida Sports, a division of Enterprise Florida, Inc., which serves as the state’s lead organization in promoting and developing Florida’s Sports Industry.
Date: Sunday December 2nd, 2012
Location: Kelly Recreation Center, Lakeland
Registration: visit www.flasports.com. Registration is available in a variety of ways with the easiest being online registration. Forms are available to download, print out and send back to the Florida Sports Foundation.
Our colleague Watkins up North has notified us to this upcoming tournament he is organizing:
Hi folks, The 2012 AAU Badminton Tournament will be held on the 18th – 19th August 2012 at the Orlando Volleyball Academy. Details and flyer to follow this week.
Please mark the dates in your calendar.